Summer Bucket List 2015:
- Finish landscaping the front yard. I want to widen the flowerbed in front of the house, and make a new flowerbed along the driveway. Seems like I make big plans every year to do a lot of landscaping, but this year I am going to scale back my intentions – and stick to only two flowerbeds this year. 🙂
- Maintain my vegetable garden in such a way that I am able to share some of the produce with family and co-workers. I am hoping that my container garden will keep my little family well supplied with wholesome goodness this season. Then, any extra can be shared at work, etc. My mouth is really watering for those gorgeous tomatoes that will be showing up soon, and I can’t wait to add those crisp cucumbers to a fresh salad.
- Read 5 books this summer. OK, so enough of the landscaping and gardening. Along with nourishing the outside of my little world, I want to nourish my spirit as well by getting back in the habit of reading for fun more often. So, more trips to the library this summer. I haven’t decided which books to read yet. Maybe I need to consult my daughter; she has a degree in English Literature.
- Hike all the trails at Silver Falls State Park. I have hiked several of them over the years, and have a few favorites that I hike often. But I haven’t hiked ALL the trails there. So that is my goal for the summer – my daughter and I will hike the entire list of trails at our local state park.
- Make homemade ice cream! This is a favorite memory of mine from childhood summers; each year we have a family reunion in July, and every year when I was a kid we made homemade ice cream in a hand-cranked ice cream maker. The kids would start out cranking (before the ice cream set too hard), and when we ran out of steam the dads would take over. I want to make this summer treat this year with my daughter – and possibly invite my nieces and nephews over to partake, as well.
So there it is – my summer bucket list for 2015. The official start of summer is just around the corner; however, it has seemed like summer here for the past two weeks. Regardless, I have three months to accomplish the four above-mentioned items.